This course is equivalent to CEFR Level A1 and is meant for the learners who have no or very little existing knowledge of English language. This will be the start of your building blocks to make you comfortable and confident with the language.
At the beginning, you may know just a few words or phrases but with our engaging activities on focussed topic vocabulary and grammar, you will gain the confidence to use English in situations that matter the most.
You will go through a fascinating journey of 20 sessions (classes) and the likely topics you will explore are:
- Introducing yourself formally and informally, greetings and making small talks.
- Vocabulary for shopping - practice role-playing as customers and shopkeepers.
- People and places - countries, nationalities and languages, jobs and occupation
- Talking about routines, frequency and time duration.
- Feelings and Emotions, expressions for giving opinions.
- Leisure and activities - habits and interests, likes and dislikes
- Talking about past / Past simple / Regular and irregular verbs.
- Seasons and weather, clothes, Future plans.
- Food and cuisines – restaurant, inviting, refusing, thanking, accepting.
- Transport, street directions, travel
- Health, illness, giving instructions, making suggestions, asking and giving advice.
Once you finish this English-speaking course, you can expect to:
- Understand and use frequently used everyday expressions as well as simple phrases to meet immediate needs.
- Interact confidently in a simple way with appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation.
- Become confident using English in various social and formal settings.
- Improve your accuracy with grammatically correct sentence structure.
- Handle short social exchanges requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics.
- Develop your soft skills and understand impact of non-verbal communication.
You will have two tests at this level and will be awarded a certificate if you attend at least 16 out of the 20 classes. You can then decide to move to the next level i.e. pre-Intermediate level which is equivalent to CEFR level A2.