The intermediate course is equivalent to CEFR level B1 and is appropriate for learners who understand the language on familiar topics and are able to produce either in speaking or writing format while providing descriptions and giving opinions. This online course can provide you a platform to develop your communication skills, grammar skills and vocabulary surrounding career, geography, environment etc to use it in your day-to-day life.
As you go through the 24 sessions (classes), you will be covering topics such as:
- Family, types of family, asking personal questions
- Ordering in a restaurant, making a complaint, leisure venues
- Describing personalities, biographies
- Buildings and monuments, directions, travel arrangements
- Our Changing world, making predictions and deductions
- Education, work and careers
- Hobbies, sports and interests
- Life changes and events
As you complete this course, you can expect to:
- Produce simple, coherent texts about topics with which you are familiar or in which you have a personal interest.
- Speak confidently with the right intonation, developed grammar and vocabulary with enhanced fluency.
- Describe experiences, events, wishes and aspirations, as well as briefly justify opinions or explain plans.
- Comprehend the main points of clear texts in standard language if they are about topics with which you are familiar and unfamiliar, whether in work, study or leisure contexts.
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Gain more consciousness of soft skills like tone and body language and start using them to your advantage.
You will have two tests at this level and will be awarded a certificate if you attend at least 21 out of 24 classes. You can then decide to move to the next level i.e. Post-Intermediate which is equivalent to CEFR level B2.