The post intermediate course is equivalent to CEFR level B2 and is suitable for learners who can communicate with others sufficiently to allow tasks and opinions to be discussed. This online English-speaking course will help enhance your vocabulary, develop your speaking skills with spontaneity and improve your fluency so you can interact effectively with native speakers.
The 20 sessions (classes) at this level include topics like:
- Appearances, character, describing locations, people and things, pets and animals.
- Housework, cooking, furniture and appliance
- Stating preferences and opinions, refusing
- Talking about possibility/probability and certainty, guessing
- Books, movies and tv, reporting requests and orders
- Consumer service
- Job types, professions
- Career and success
As you complete the course, you can expect to:
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in your field of specialisation
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers possible without strain for either party
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Understand the intricacies of language and conditioning it as per the situation.
- Feel confident and considerably improve your grammar, vocabulary, range and accuracy.
You will have two tests at this level and will be awarded a certificate if you attend at least 16 out of 20 classes.